Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Artist Behind The Shop: April and Glenda


This week I would like to introduce you to April, and together with her mom Glenda, they are Bijoux Designs For You.

When did you start crafting? What was your motivation?

My mother has been creating my entire life and I inherited the “fever” from her. Her original love was sewing and quilting and she taught me how to sew when I was still just a wee thing. I never had much patience for quilting though! About four years ago we went to a jewelry making class for her birthday and were immediately addicted! The rest, as they say, is history!

Which one of your designs makes you feel prouder of yourself?

That’s a tough one! I think that there is a sense of pride in everything that we create although I know my mom is quite proud of her seedbead work and I am in love with the new Garden Goddess Earrings. It has actually been the revamping of our pictures, branding our items and our packaging that we are most proud of as it was quite the challenge! We are quite happy with the way things have progressed and enjoy continuously learning and growing

What kind of things inspire you?

Sometimes inspiration comes from making a piece for myself to match an outfit, sometimes it’s a great bead or charm, sometimes you just wake up at 3am with an ah-hah moment!



Do you have any mania or obsession?
BEADS! Even though we use them in our creations we both can’t stop buying them! I am also addicted to coffee and have a soft spot for handbags!



Would you like to share any advice with your fellow artists?
To keep learning, growing and creating! The handmade journey can be a hard one but also tons of fun!




Where can people find you? (blog, twitter, flickr, facebook...)
You can keep up with our blog at http://bijouxdesignsforyou.blogspot.com,
Anything else you´d like to share?
If you are also a bead addict feel free to stop by our supplies shop at www.rougeriverbeads.etsy.com.






____________________
Thank you very much! Please, don´t forget to visit their lovely shop!






1 comments:

Glenda said...

Thank you so much for the lovely blog feature and happy holidays to you and your readers!

April & Glenda

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes |