I love all kind of pasta and trying new ways of making the tomato sauce is something that I love doing. A friend shared with me this recipe I´m sharing with you today and it was really good!
So here you have:
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oil; sauté onions, pepper and garlic in the oil until tender. Add salt, pepper, tomato paste, tomatoes, and oregano. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese before serving or serve cheese separately.